The position of level 2 + support technician at Instance.com is the perfect place to flex your tech skills. From diagnosing hardware and software issues to inventing new ways to assist customers from entry level to enterprise, you will find the perfect balance of challenge and energy in just about everything you do with us.
We are interested in level 2 + support technicians that possess an ample supply of customer service experience as well as acute technical ability. As a leader in managed, dedicated server, and cloud hosting solutions, we require employees to have a firm understanding of hardware/software functionality, as well as experience in networking to fulfill day-to-day roles.
If you think you are the person for the job, have initiative, are reliable, have sound transportation, and are punctual, we might very well have a place for you among our ranks. Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills are a must in order to fit well into our high paced environment.
- Serve as level 2 & 3 support technician.
- Solve, or escalate issues via ticket, phone and chat mediums.
- Be available for on-call rotations.
Required Experience: Experience in the following areas is a necessity in order to perform your job effectively.
- Must have basic to intermediate knowledge of the following operating systems: Windows server (2k, 2k3, 2008), Redhat, CentOS, Fedora, BSD, Debian.
- Must have a good understanding of the following control panels : cPanel, Plesk, Webmin.
- Must understand and be able to troubleshoot the following software: HTTP, DNS (Bind), SMTP, POP3, FTP, SFTP, SSH, RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol), MSSQL, MySQL, Microsoft Exchange, Network connectivity.
- Must have an understanding of RAID, Hardware components (RAM, Hard Drives, Power Supply, CPU, Perc Cards, Ethernet, DRAC)
- Must be able to troubleshoot servers and replace hardware components.
Additional Experience not required, but preferred:
- Network cabling (Cat5(6)/Ethernet)
- Experience with Cisco, Extreme, Dell, and Juniper L2/L3 devices.
- Programming (Shell Scripting, PHP/.NET/HTML for in-house projects)
- Virtualization experience with VMWare and Xen Server.
- Load balancing and high availability technologies and concepts.
- Prior experience working in support or working in a data center.
- Various 4×10 and 5×9. All shifts subject to On-call rotations as necessary.
If that all sounds good, and you like the idea of paid vacation, paid holidays, overtime opportunities, and cake on your birthday, then apply today by emailing your resume and cover letter to jobs -@- 800hosting.com!
We have carefully compiled a list of things we consider to be the most important aspects of our relationship with our clients. Please look to the left and see what we intend to do consistently and without fail to keep you happy and satisfied with our array of services and customer service.